Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Mac 'n Cheese

I batch cook every week. I make two, 4 serving meals so that I have lunch and dinner ready for myself on work days since I work 9 hour days Tuesday-Friday. This week my lunches are a variation of Veggin in the City's Mac n Cheese recipe. I tweaked it a little because I don't cook with oil. Here's the recipe I used:
  • One sweet potato: cubed, boiled, and cooled
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric
  • Satl & Pepper to taste
  • 8oz gluten free pasta (I used pasta made from chickpeas)
  • 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
  • Sriracha for topping (optional)
Blend sweet potato with all other ingredients, except pasta and broccoli, set aside. Make pasta according to instructions, and during the last 2-3 minutes of boiling, add broccoli. Drain pasta and broccoli, and return to the pot. Add blended sauce and mix well. Divide into 4 servings, and eat right away or reheat later. Feel free to use any other veggies you'd like, such as peas, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc. I always add hot sauce too!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment