Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Overnight Oats

My go to for breakfast is gluten-free or whole wheat toast with hempseed butter or almond butter. I love toast (!) but its not easy to take on the go, so oftentimes I'll make myself a batch of overnight oats to take to work in the morning. Overnight oats are something you can easily change to your tastes, but here's my favorite recipe:

One Serving:
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup unsweetented almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
  • 1 Tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
  • 2 Tbsp plain or vanilla coconut milk (or any vegan) yogurt
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds
  • 3-4 drops of stevia (optional, you can use 1 Tbsp maple syrup instead or no sweetener)
  • 1/2 Tbsp hemp seeds
Mix all ingredients together in a sealable container (I use mason jars) and keep in the fridge overnight. Eat cold (my preference), or warm it up if you'd like. I also like to top the mixture with hempseeds instead of mixing them in. This recipe will stay good in the fridge for 4 days or so. I usually buy a 6oz container of coconut milk yogurt and make 4 servings all at once to eat througout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment